Tag Archives: Language of Vision

12May/15
György Kepes, 1906-2001
Face Sculpture c.1939-1940, image: 352 x 273 mm
© estate of György Kepes. Image courtesy Wilson Centre for Photography.

György Kepes at Tate Liverpool

Tate Liverpool’s György Kepes exhibition only covers a small portion of this maverick artist and deep thinker’s output. The works selected were created in the handful of years following his emigration to the US in 1937, where he headed the Colour and Light department of the New Bauhaus School in Chicago, established by fellow Hungarian and Bauhaus professor László Moholy-Nagy. Continue reading